[Guide] How to Breed and Raise Competitive Pokémon

• 14 posts

No cute title, no charming little inserts, just information. Enjoy.

---------------------------------- Introduction - Definitions ----------------------------------

Visible Stats:

Level: This is a decoration and has nothing to do with your pokemon's potential. It just divides your stats by some formula depending on your current level.

Main Stats: HP, Attack, Defense, Sp.Attack, Sp.Defense, Speed. Self-explanatory.

Gender: Genders are used for breeding and personal preference. They do not affect main stats.

Natures: Each pokemon has a fixed personality when created. Your pokemon's nature contributes to your pokemon's main stat growth. If a main stat is colored on the status screen it means there's a nature modifier dependent on your nature. (Green = x1.1, Red = x0.9, No color = 1.0 )

A list of all natures can be found here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature

Individual Values (IVs) = Numbers 0~31 assigned to each main stat of a pokemon. They are determined when the pokemon is created and can't be changed, unless edited using pixelmon points, which are explained Here. Each IV point translates to 1 visible stat point at lv100.

Effort Values (EVs) = Numbers you gain when defeating pokemon. They fall into the six visible stats, and have a total limit of 510, with a maximum of 255 in one stat. Every 4 EV points translates to 1 visible stat point at lv100.

Invisible Stats:

Base stats = Static numbers assigned uniquely to each pokemon species. (ex:Jolteon has 130 base speed). They help determine visible stat growth, and can't be changed.

Egg Group: The group of pokemon a pokemon can breed with.

Full list here: http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Egg_group

-------------------------------- Section 1 - Basic Breeding - Why and How -------------------------------

-------------------------------- Section 2 - Breeding - Getting Good Eggs -------------------------------

------------------------------------------- Section 3.1 - EV Training ------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------- Section 3.2 - EV Items -------------------------------------------

------------------------------- Section 4 - Egg Moves and Hidden Power --------------------------------

------------------------------------------------- Section 5 - Extras ---------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------- The End? ----------------------------------------------------

Feedback is welcome;
And also welcome to the manic world of pokémon breeding.

*cough make it sticky cough*

blue-eyed Dragonite... here to help you. Feel free to message me if you need help~

Btw, I thought gender depends? Like female gives 1 extra defense and males 1 extra attack c;

Sorry, I didnt mean evs I meant that I thought that males have 1 more attack stat than females and females have 1 extra defense than males

I just think that my brother told me something like that some years ago

It's just a myth, gender does not affect the stats of a Pokémon.

Every newbie who doesn't know how to breed will know how to breed when they take the time reading this. It explains everything you should know and more.

Need help? Go to: 
    http://www.pixelmoncraft.com/
    http://www.pixelmoncraft.com/forum/support

Visit us on our teamspeak server: ts.pixelmoncraft.com

I know this is a noob question, but what gender decides the pokemon. E.g: Dratini(male) x Charmander(female). Do I get Charmander or Dratini?

Just do /warp mgshop. #teamelitecomingsoontm

The female always decides the specie, the male will just pass the IVs or some egg moves; when referring to mother in the thread I do mean the female one.

Ok. Thanks so much!

Just do /warp mgshop. #teamelitecomingsoontm

what about the environment is that on the hoenn 3.4 server? 

Breeding environment is disabled on all of our servers.

blue-eyed Dragonite... here to help you. Feel free to message me if you need help~

I'll be sure to read through this soon! I am going to try breeding soon. It might not be right for me, as I have to be very patient.

"Woohoo I'm a bug reporter!" Maddiesprint:  26/02/2015: #Overexaggerate

"Over 300 posts!" Maddiesprint: 15/03/2015: #Forumposter